2019 COSTUME GUIDELINES
Please prepare for your dancer’s performance with the following costume guidelines.
1. TIGHTS: Please have the correct tights based on your class and level.
Preballet, Preballet 2, Beginning Ballet, Teen Ballet 1 & 2, Ballet 1-3 -- Ballet Pink seamless tights
Ballet levels 4 – 7 -- Ballet Pink convertible, seamed tights
Jazz/Tap levels 1 – 3 -- Tan tights seamless tights
Jazz/Tap levels 4 – 5 -- Black seamed tights
Jazz/Tap levels 6 – 7 -- No tights
Modern 5 – Black convertible, seamed tights
Modern 6/7 – no tights
Musical Theatre – Tan tights
2. HAIR should be pulled back into a neat bun for all ballet students with NO BANGS. Girls performing in tap and jazz should have their hair in a high pony tail with NO BANGS. Please make sure all hair clips, pins and bands match your hair color. Headpieces need to be secured. No jewelry is to be worn on the stage.
3. MAKEUP: Young students should wear mascara, blush and red lipstick. Blonde children may pencil their eyebrows. Older dancers can also use eyeliner around their eyes (not drawn out to the side) and brown eye shadow in the crease of the eye. No blue eyeshadow or glitter, please!
2019 SPRING PERFORMANCE RULES
Please read the following information to ensure the smoothest performance possible.
1. All performers should arrive by half hour before the performance is scheduled to begin on their designated day to perform. They should check-in at the desk located outside the dressing rooms in the side hallway. Those dancers performing in the First Act (all ballet students) should proceed to their dressing room and get ready. A parent should plan to stay with their child until they are lined up and called to stage (approximately 10 minutes before curtain).
2. Those who are performing in the Second Act only (tap, jazz, hip hop, musical theatre and modern) should check-in at the desk and then sit in the auditorium for the First Act. They should not be in the audience in their costume. Regular clothes should be worn while sitting in the audience. Proceed to the dressing room as soon as the intermission begins!
3. All performers in Preballet through Level 4 and Teen Dancers will use the F-105 classroom for dressing. Performers should arrive with hair and make-up done. Children should not wear underwear under their tights. Performers arrive and leave the auditorium in regular street clothes, not in costumes. Please do not bring any valuables into the dressing rooms.
4. Parents and visitors are asked to remain in the audience until the intermission and/or end of the performance. Dancers in the First Act will be supervised backstage until the intermission. Dancers in the Second Act will be supervised backstage until the end of the performance. It is disturbing to other audience members for others to be leaving and entering during each act. Dancers can be picked up in the dressing room during intermission or at the end of the performance.
5. Video recording is not permitted during the performances. Your bright screen is very distracting to those around you. Please be considerate and follow this request. DFW Video is contracted to professionally record each performance. DVDs and Blu-Ray recordings are available for purchase. Order forms will be accepted through the last performance on Sunday.
6. In accordance with CISD Rules, no food or drinks are allowed in the auditorium or dressing rooms. Please help us by picking up after yourself and leaving all areas clean and neat.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope all our dancers have a wonderful performance!
Ballet Academy of Texas Staff & Director